The Stakeholders Group was formed to:
- Review Bonny Eagle High School’s most recent accreditation report from the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) and its recommendations about overcrowding and safety issues at BEHS.
- Explore options about how to address overcrowding and safety issues.
- Develop a method to solicit input from school community groups (students, teachers, staff members, parents, and community members).
- Analyze possible solutions and determine the most feasible solutions.
- Develop a method (including a timeline) for the SAD #6 community to vote on the best course of action for BEHS and SAD #6.
From February to April of 2012, the Stakeholders Group reviewed NEASC’s recommendations, heard reports and updates regarding overcrowding and safety issues, explored options about how address these issues, and discussed possible solutions.
In March 2012, the Stakeholder Group narrowed our focus and identified three primary issues: facilities, technology, and scheduling. In April, they developed “Plan, Do, Check, and Adjust (PDCA)” goals to clarify next steps and agreed to reconvene on Saturday, October 6 from 8 a.m. to noon at the Central Office.
Below are two documents: Findings from the Stakeholders Group (March 31, 2012) and Summary of Stakeholders Group PDCA Goals (April 2012). Each document details the results of their discussions and decisions.